Today’s time of Internet has opened the gateway of tremendous digital marketing opportunities for businesses. By utilizing different channels of digital marketing, businesses cannot just share their product and services online; additionally they can gain clients for their business, entice them and can convert them to boost their ROI .The world is super-connected nowadays and all things considered, marketing and advertising are no more the same as they once were. This is particularly valid because of the ascent of online networking, which has changed how organizations speak with potential and existing customers.
Digital market helps corporate to reach target customer via different channels like E- marketing, E- commerce, social media, websites, interactive marketing. Marketer can conducted online survey so as to get the required information from customer and analyse the response and correspondingly take action based on response of customers to meet their needs.
Digital Marketing is a broad term which refers to the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. For instance, advertising mediums that might be used as part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include publicity efforts made via the internet, social media, mobile phones and electronic bill boards, in addition to digital, television and radio channels. Digital marketing undertaking include Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Content Marketing, influencer marketing, content automation, campaign marketing, e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, e-books and any other digital media. It also encompasses non-internet channels that provide digital media such as mobile phones (SMS and MMS).
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a form of direct marketing consumers with sellers electronically using interactive technologies link e-mails, web sites, online forums and news groups, interactive television, mobile communications. (Kotler and Armstrong,2009)
History of Digital Marketing: In the 1990’s the term digital marketing first coined with the debut of server or client architecture and the popularity of personal computers, the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application became significant part of marketing technology. Digital marketing helps a company to promote it’s products or brands through various online channels so that they can reach out to the targeted customers without any help. Now a days the opportunities of digital marketing is unparalleled (CRM), and very soon, it is believed that digital marketing will completely enough the traditional marketing with it
What are the Objectives of Digital Marketing?
The primary objectives of digital marketing is to provide online presence to business through website and social media this can spread awareness about brand and provide support to customer by handling their grievance and queries, which ultimately leads to sales, customer acquisition and satisfaction.
The main objectives of digital marketing are:
1. To create brand awareness.
2. To generate potential leads through advertising.
3. To increase engagement amongst the audience related to business.
4. Reducing bounce rate on website.
5. Market segmentation on basis of the product.
6. Increasing customer satisfaction.
7. Increasing brand loyalty.
8. Understanding consumers needs and connecting with them directly.
9. Promote new services or product launches.
10. Surveys the audience to validate product and its application in long run.
What is the importance of Digital Marketing?
- Cost Effective: Digital Marketing is very cost efficient compared to traditional marketing channels like TV and print media. In facts, the cost of digital marketing campaigns will be a fraction of traditional marketing channels like print and TV.
- Access to mobile users: Most people use their smart phones search for a place, any time given material at any time. Digital marketers send the marketing message to customers.
- Interactive: Most of the traditional marketing channels are static and one time production, where as digital marketing as interactive channel where customers engage with the brands, data can be shared effectively and using advance digital marketing techniques can influence them to get convert in to potential clients.
- Tracking: In digital marketing tracking the results is easy compared to traditional marketing channels.
Digital marketing is the measurable form of marketing and is very affordable and profitable.
What are some challenges in Digital Marketing?
- Increased Security Risk: As more information is shared online, there is more incentive for hackers to find ways to get through security.
- Cluttered Market: There are millions of websites in a limited number of time. So the customers cannot reach the beat way of marketing.
- Less focus on key words: Find the right key wards and use them the right way and your sight could shoot to the top of search results.
- More advertising blockers: The use of advertising blocking software is growing exponentially, and people who are not using them will soon be in the minority.
- Increased advertising cost: There is more competition than ever for advertising and networkers like Google and Facebook are pushing up prices across the broad.
How to succeed with an effective digital marketing Plan?
- Create and Organize : Create an organised arrangement and guide by checking on your present short comings and the chances to help online leads and deals.
- Oversee: Review of marketing exercises, with the goal that you know where to centre to get the quick wins which will have the greatest effort
- Learn the enhance: Learn the excepted procedures and achievement elements to enable you to content to show signs of improvement comes about.
What are some influencing factors of Digital Marketing?
- Expensive Innovation
- The versatile and web rates are extremely aggressive.
- The cost of marketing is low
- Lack of online experience
- Believe in traditional business rehearses
The advancement of technology fosters multi faced opportunities and at the same time unprecedented challenges for digital marketing agencies.In the present era, buyers expect knowledge that offers potential solution to their product related problems. The strong visibility of the organisation or the brand through the digital marketing all owes the consumers to develop perceived knowledge above the brand.
With so many options available in the market, it becomes difficult for the consumers to become loyal and switching becomes easy.It is the consumers that decide which social media platform the brand must use to expand its business. If the mass consumers are on Eacebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, Einkedin etc., it becomes mandatory for the brands to have their presence on these platforms if they want to be close to their prospects and a step ahead of their competitors, by interacting with their consumers and creating a buzz of their brand among them.
How does Internet marketing benefit consumers?
While increased visibility and access is definitely good for your business, Internet marketing also benefits your customers. Internet marketing is a way to lead consumers honestly toward your product or service based on their criteria. Presenting them with the right, useful information at the correct time lets them make the choice to engage you, instead of you going after them.
1. Consumers want relevant, engaging, and newsworthy content on demand. This means they expect to receive news about your industry as soon as it occurs, statistics about your industry, and other relevant information as it emerges. Internet marketing ensures consumers can find what they need to stay up-to-date..
2. The Internet offers consumers a greater variety and choice than they’ve ever had before. In this way, Internet marketing is a huge benefit to consumers on a global scale.
3. Consumers can find information about your business at any time of the day. This effectively gives them unlimited access to the brand, allowing to engage potential consumers ie Digital marketing provides 24/7 access
4. Internet marketing gives you a chance to reduce paper as more marketing campaigns shift to digital. Marketers can work from anywhere, cutting down on fossil fuel use. Online shoppers don’t need to drive to stores to find what they want.
Digital marketing is about utilizing digital technology to achieve marketing objectives. There is no essential need for digital marketing to always be separate from the marketing department as a whole, as the objectives of both are the same. However, for now, it remains a useful term because digital marketing requires a certain skill set to utilize the digital technology effectively.